We begin every project with a base level concept. From napkin drawing to fully developed machine spec, we meet your concept where it is and take it from idea to reality. At this crucial first stage of the process our project engineers will:
- Evaluate the feasibility of your project
- Provide detailed feedback on your concept
- Propose an array of conceptual solutions
Once we’ve finalized the concept we enter the critical stage of engineering, where we make sure your vision is strategically and structurally sound. Due-diligence includes answering the following key questions:
- How will the machine work?
- We provide conceptual solutions with all of the diagrams and drawings that the job requires.
- How long will it take to build your machine?
- We provide projected delivery dates based on current assumptions and requirements.
- How much will it cost?
- We provide an estimate early on to discern if it makes sense to proceed. You can provide budget numbers as we move forward in the project before we provide a final quotation for the project.
We build upon the Concept and Engineering stages of the project to create a fully customized design for your machine. We integrate standard designs, unique designs, commercial components, and electrical systems to compose a final machine design. There are several crucial steps during this phase of the project:
- 3-D modeling
- Force calculations
- Detailed component selection
- Finalized machine design
- Sign-off by customer
We integrate your electrical specifications, applicable safety standards and approved components into a unique Electrical Automation package. Bernal’s engineering team will work with you throughout the entire process to meet your needs and requirements. During this stage we’ll perform the following work:
- Determine overall Automation design & Strategy
- Complete Electrical design
- Determine best operating platform for the application
- Complete programming and operator interface
- Data collection
At this point we’ll start putting everything together. This stage includes:
- Structural fabrication
- Mechanical fabrication
- Electrical wiring
- Component assembly
We thoroughly test the finished machine to make sure it is operating at your exact specifications, and we welcome our customers to our facility to be an integral part of this process. Our start-up and commissioning process includes:
- FAT testing
- Operator training
- Punch list resolution
- Maintenance training
- Continuous Improvement
After your machine has passed our battery of tests, it’s time to bring it home. We offer the following support during this final stage of the process:
- Supervise the installation of your machine
- Provide you with clear and exhaustive Operation & Maintenance Manuals
- Perform rigorous factory testing and commissioning (FAT)
- Monitor your Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Monitor continuous improvement
- Provide comprehensive operator training